The first invader is now alive! I have been meaning to start this for a couple of weeks and finally sat down and did it. I created a pattern from paper several weeks ago and they have since been guarding the door and flying off in the breeze, practicing their attack formations (drop down one level and speed up!)
So here is Space Invader Red. I have decided to go with colours instead of black and white and have chosen orange and blue for the other two at this stage. I am using the fabric I have left over from making pacman ghosts.
I decided on a strips technique rather than piecing squares so it doesn't look pixellated. Unfortunately a couple of lines are not quite lined up so I won't be able to quilt it into pixels either. I think that the overall effect will be exactly what I want though.