27/04/2013: Almost May already! This year is going so fast!
02/04/2013: Happy Easter. I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.
01/01/2013: Happy New Year!!
24/12/2012: Merry Christmas!!
13/11/2012: Getting hand-made presents ready for Christmas!!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Bee in my Bonnet

Paper Doll Applique by Bee in my Bonnet

Isn't this a gorgeous and unique idea. This is just a small part of one of Lori's designs which I wanted to share with you. Please have patience while her site loads as it is worth it! It has so many beautiful images and step by step pictures to create all the elements in Lori's absolutely stunning paper doll blocks. There are so many details and with each of those tiny elements it looks like another great way to use up your scraps. Now no scrap of fabric will be too small to save!

Looking further through her blog I don't know if the paper dolls are available as a pattern yet though perhaps she would welcome an email enquiry if you are interested. She has all her available patterns at this link.

I think what I like about these patterns is that they remind me of the whimsical style many Japanese/Asian textile artists use in their creations and the style inspires me, just like I have found so much inspiration from Story Quilt.

Casual bag
A Patchwork Bag by Story Quilt

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice inspiration indeed ! I love Story Quilt creations and thanks for sharing Bee in my Bonnet link, beautiful work as well !
I'm just venturing in patchwork/applique/quilting myself and I'm enjoying it !

Metanoia said...

I love seeing what really inspired others and sharing what inspires me. Applique can look amazing. I want to get into it myself but at the moment I am enjoying seeing my quilts come together quicker with simple patchwork. Perhaps I should start a small applique project.