27/04/2013: Almost May already! This year is going so fast!
02/04/2013: Happy Easter. I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.
01/01/2013: Happy New Year!!
24/12/2012: Merry Christmas!!
13/11/2012: Getting hand-made presents ready for Christmas!!

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

New Cabinet

Sewing Cabinet
New Sewing Cabinet

Have a look at my little bargain! This little second-hand beauty cost me $45 and had treasures in the drawers as well!!

I'd toyed with the idea of getting a cabinet with a lift mechanism for flat bed sewing for a month or so now. I had seen a similar cabinet in the local Spotlight (sewing/fabric store in Australia) for $825. I turned to ebay and started bidding on likely suspects. Each time the cabinets I wanted were going for over $150 with the seller saying they were $399 brand new. Perseverance paid off in the end and I am still pinching myself over this bargain!

There was a little repair work to do. The wheels had started to come off the bottom so 2 washers later ($3.60) and it's all good. The lifting mechanism seems to work well, but the plastic surround doesn't fit my machine so next weekend I need to go ask questions of the local sewing stores and see if I can buy the surround separately.

All the "junk" that came with the cabinet
Treasures?

What about the treasures? I was asked if it was OK if some sewing things were left in the cabinet... I said it was absolutely OK. After sorting through it all I discovered a good pair of scissors, a box of buttons, several unopened packets of elastic and cotton tape, about 15-20 spools of Gutermann thread (some unopened still in plastic), 2 spools of gold thread and several packets of needles.

What machine are these for?
Husqvana/Viking sewing machine feet

There were also two Husqvana machine feet. Does anyone have a Husqvana/Viking machine? These are a buttonhole sensor foot and utility foot B. These feet are for sale in my online shop, but if you're interested and think my prices are too high on them please get in touch and tell me what you think they're worth.

No comments: