27/04/2013: Almost May already! This year is going so fast!
02/04/2013: Happy Easter. I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.
01/01/2013: Happy New Year!!
24/12/2012: Merry Christmas!!
13/11/2012: Getting hand-made presents ready for Christmas!!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Quilting Scraps

Scrap Box
Scrap Box

I've been saving up all my scraps from recent projects as I recently bought a copy of the book Serendipity Quilts by Susan Carlson however I can't try out one of the amazing projects until I collect a pile of scraps to choose from.

Previously I would only save the scraps I deemed "worthwhile", but now I'm saving all my scraps no matter how tiny. It feels good to think I might one day have a use for all of them. Do you save your scraps?

3 comments:

Kristie said...

How exciting! Yes, I do save scraps! Most of my quilts are scrap quilts! When I first started quilting, I could not afford to purchase alot of yardage at one time so I would buy 1/2 yard at a time so that way I could get more of a variety of fabrics and I made scrap quilts! I do save about everything and all of those little scraps do make the best scrap quilts!
Kristie

Hand Quilting Nana said...

I save everything. I have six large shopping bags of scraps plus two plastic containers in my garage full of scraps. I love them and don't throw anything away. Some smaller pieces are perfect for applique.

Like Kristie I love scrap quilts.

ainead said...

I save scraps. But that is mostly due to their usefulness for other crafting project such as doll making or scrap booking.

That and I hate throwing out even scraps of a really pretty fabric!!