27/04/2013: Almost May already! This year is going so fast!
02/04/2013: Happy Easter. I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.
01/01/2013: Happy New Year!!
24/12/2012: Merry Christmas!!
13/11/2012: Getting hand-made presents ready for Christmas!!

Friday, April 1, 2011

Sewing and Swaps


Long time no post! I have been sewing though.

I finished another applique for my "steampunk motifs" quilt. This one is a crown. I really love how it looks and want to do another one in blues or pinks. I need a little princess to give it to though, so perhaps that will have to wait until a future time.

The last few months have been full of lots of ideas and not enough time to execute them all. I always get into these modes and then get frustrated at having to spend my 9-5 at my day job...


Do you want to do something fun with me?

I've started making fabric ATCs because I want some little things to do so I can learn some new techniques and have a play around. An ATC is an Artist Trading Card - a little project only 2.5"x3.5" which is usually swapped with others (or you could just keep them yourself).

I've started a swap with the first technique - Check it out here. Sign up this time is only 2 weeks, but the next one will have a full month to sign up. I'll run one a month so join in at any time.


I've also got a few pre-loved embroidery magazines in my shop for a really good price. If you love embroidery, these magazines are absolutely stunning. Check them out here

And I promise I'll post some actual sewing soon!!

1 comment:

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Hi, I'm new to your blog and I've really enjoyed looking around. I haven't quilted in many, many, many years. It's safe to say I'm starting over! I found a patter that I love and I'm going to be buying it soon! Here's the link if you'd like to check it out. http://www.candlelitequilts.com/patterns.htm

If you have time please stop by and have a snack. Have a wonderful week!