Sunday, November 4, 2012
Green Satchel Bag
I started this yesterday and spent a bit of deliberation time working out exactly how I would put in a couple of pockets with zips and make it look nice so this project took me a little longer than expected. Most of the work was done this morning and I think all up it has taken about 6-7 hours not including the time I spent thinking about this yesterday. It is 36 degrees today so I think my poor hot sewing machine needs a break for the afternoon!
The bag is approximately 15"x13" and I've squared off the bottom to about 2" wide. It is fully lined with a small outer pocket and a large inner pocket and the outer is quilted with quilt batting giving it extra strength and substance. The design evolved as I contemplated what I wanted to include and I used the straps as edging to hide the seams on the outer pocket which will also give it strength as well.
I took lots of other progress photos so if there is interest I could develop a pattern. This one is destined to be a gift so I'm also tempted to make one of these for myself, although I was going to do something with applique and more pockets for myself eventually (perhaps over Christmas)... but I think if I make one for myself it will have to be out of chicken fabric!
Labels: complete projects