27/04/2013: Almost May already! This year is going so fast!
02/04/2013: Happy Easter. I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.
01/01/2013: Happy New Year!!
24/12/2012: Merry Christmas!!
13/11/2012: Getting hand-made presents ready for Christmas!!

Friday, July 3, 2009

Finished Quilt Blocks

Quilt Blocks

After completing all the blocks I have now sewn each lot of three into rows with a black border in between. The most time consuming part of the past week has been thinking over my design ideas again.

The blocks work out to being about 12″ too short for the bed I want to put it on so I need to add some length. I decided I had a choice of either adding another 3 blocks, which would mean finding more of the same fabric, or making some strips out of my offcuts. I had a look around and found that some of the fabric I used is no longer available, so I decided on strips.

Here are all the blocks laid out before I joined them into their rows. They will all be getting a black border between them. Tonight I hope to get the second strip finished and start sewing it all together so I can show you the finished quilt top very soon.

No comments: