27/04/2013: Almost May already! This year is going so fast!
02/04/2013: Happy Easter. I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.
01/01/2013: Happy New Year!!
24/12/2012: Merry Christmas!!
13/11/2012: Getting hand-made presents ready for Christmas!!

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Patchwork Book Cover

Note Book Cover

I played around with some scraps and made a small book cover using a tutorial that can be found over on Bloom's blog. It turned out quite well despite the amount of unpicking I had to do while my poor cold inflicted brain absorbed the instructions, which are actually rather easy. I just wasn't taking it all in yesterday.

I am also planning a second big quilt project even though I haven't finished the first yet... that is always the way right?

Today I have ordered my first fat quarter custom print from Spoonflower. I hope that it turns out however I had to use their internal editing as I don't have any of my usual programs after my latest giant computer crash. To spoil any upcoming surprise, I am getting a photo of my Nan's cat printed onto fabric to be the centre of a quilt design. I am giving myself until Christmas to get this one done. Hopefully I get it finished in time. I have ordered a couple of other fat quarters from ebay and will start my colour matching once they all arrive.

No comments: