27/04/2013: Almost May already! This year is going so fast!
02/04/2013: Happy Easter. I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.
01/01/2013: Happy New Year!!
24/12/2012: Merry Christmas!!
13/11/2012: Getting hand-made presents ready for Christmas!!

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Band Sampler Continued


I'm still filling this little band, but it is almost done. I've used so many stitches now that I can't remember all of them, but one of my new favourites is that top left flower which I think is oyster stitch - it is like a double chain stitch which is linked together.

It is taking me a little longer than I expected but it is so relaxing to just pick it up and fill in a gap here or there with whatever takes my fancy. Aside from this blog post, tonight I'm heading to bed early to read my book as I'm onto the fourth and last in the series and it is finally getting tense and exciting. If anyone is on the site goodreads.com feel free to add me there!

I spent a fair bit of my Sunday redesigning this blog as I wanted to get the lightbox working, which is a relatively new feature of blogger that didn't work on my old custom designed blog. Being a web designer means I'm never happy with my blogs and websites so I'm always tinkering, but sometimes that means that an estimated hour or so fixing something turns into a full day redesigning. At least that means you can click on the pictures and they open up in the same view without losing the page you are browsing on. Mission accomplished!

I also need to be banned from ebay!! I bought another patchwork book. I can't remember if it is Korean or Japanese, hopefully Japanese so I can read a little of it, but either way the picture directions are usually very thorough and it has lots of nice projects. I'll share it with you as soon as it arrives, but I nearly bought several more and I really can't afford to so I will have to ban myself for a little while. The projects are so beautiful though and inspire me much more than Australian or American quilting. I see a patchwork bag for myself in my future!

No comments: