27/04/2013: Almost May already! This year is going so fast!
02/04/2013: Happy Easter. I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.
01/01/2013: Happy New Year!!
24/12/2012: Merry Christmas!!
13/11/2012: Getting hand-made presents ready for Christmas!!

Friday, October 12, 2012

Frog progress


I'm working on putting together the lilypad now while I think on this frog. It was harder to put together than expected again, with a bit of hand sewing. I constructed the feet seperately via machine which worked really well, but then was short circuited on how to put it together with the body and ended up hand sewing the feet to the body pieces. I'm not 100% sure how this will turn out and might have a bit more of a play around with the construction. Any ideas?

The lilypad got a dose of machine quilting and I'm a lot happier with it, but still have to try machine sewing the whole lot. I'm currently putting in a zip by hand which I think will give a better finish than if I'd machine stitched it. Actually, I already put it in once, but got it thr wrong way around so all of last nights stitching was undone... It is half way in again. I'd better get back to it!

2 comments:

Nina Marie said...

ohhh I just found your blog and think this whole idea of putting textiles and electronics is really interesting!! I want to invite you to link up on my Off the Wall Fridays where art quilters are connecting - we've been finding it motivating and encouraging!

Metanoia said...

Sure Nina, that would be great. I want to try and do something wearable with electronics this weekend so I'll give linking a go next week when I've hopefully got even more electronics to show.