27/04/2013: Almost May already! This year is going so fast!
02/04/2013: Happy Easter. I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.
01/01/2013: Happy New Year!!
24/12/2012: Merry Christmas!!
13/11/2012: Getting hand-made presents ready for Christmas!!

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Doodling with Thread


Mini Update: A couple of evenings just playing around with thread and I've covered almost half of my band. I think I've used backstitch, chain stitch, detached chain, pistol stitch, french knots, bullion knots and fly stitch... can you see any I forgot to mention?

I'm not using a pattern for this. I'm just adding whatever I feel like and swapping colours as I go. I'm itching to show you what this is going to turn into so I'm going to keep stitching!!

And a big hello to anyone who has joined me from over at Nina's blog!

2 comments:

Nina Marie said...

For the second or third time today - Thank Goodness hand stitching has come back into fashion. I love machine thread work but there is nothing like the mark of the hand. Love this!

Metanoia said...

Thanks Nina. I enjoy a bit of everything really. Anything textile related!!