27/04/2013: Almost May already! This year is going so fast!
02/04/2013: Happy Easter. I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.
01/01/2013: Happy New Year!!
24/12/2012: Merry Christmas!!
13/11/2012: Getting hand-made presents ready for Christmas!!

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Frog Finished


So here is a little frog with pins sticking out of him everywhere, holding him to the lilypad. He looks a little shocked... perhaps because of the location of some of the pins! He's been a little more effort that I originally expected, but really only took me about 3-4 evenings worth of stitching... what do you think? Is this something you would like to see as a pattern?

And here he is finished...




This is the back of the little purse and you can see the quilting stands out a lot more now. It is designed as a key holder, or key purse. The large ring has some small keyrings attached for keys and then you can either put a little bit of change inside the purse, or even slip the keys inside to keep them safe.

The body of the frog is stitched to the top of the lilypad, but his front feet are not stitched down and his back legs are pushed in so they are 3D and stitched only along the feet.

2 comments:

Monica said...

The frog is really cute, and I like the concept of the frog and the lilypad. I am not so sure about the function of the piece. I think I would prefer if it was just a change purse, without the ring. Also, I can't get past the thought that the lilypad is too small to keep that huge frog afloat! But maybe that is just me! I don't know how difficult it would be to make the frog smaller.

But I am definitely on a smaller is cuter kick these days. Anyway, you asked!

Metanoia said...

Thanks mon, a few things to think about. I have to remake it if I'm going to create a pattern because I didn't take enough photos so next time I will try to make the frog smaller, or I'll turn it into a pouch instead and make the lily bigger. I'll have a think on it!