27/04/2013: Almost May already! This year is going so fast!
02/04/2013: Happy Easter. I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.
01/01/2013: Happy New Year!!
24/12/2012: Merry Christmas!!
13/11/2012: Getting hand-made presents ready for Christmas!!

Monday, October 15, 2012

Nyan Style


Nyan cat is remade and has a rainbow base ready for the next step. The cat takes about 2-3 hours to make. Those little feet and tail take almost an hour by themselves because of the small size. Tweezers are the only way I could get them turned after stitching.

The rainbow wrist cuff base is fairly simple. There are 5 colours pieced like a patchwork quilt with a 1/4" seam. I originally had yellow as well, but decided the tone I have didn't fit with the other colours so I left it out and I like the end result anyway. The ruffle bottom is something I learnt how to do from a Japanese homemade fashion magazine. I'll be explaining how to do it in the pattern if you want to make this yourself and add the ruffle. I wanted the ruffle to add more area to the design without taking up more wrist space as it is already 2" wide.

So it is almost done... but there is one thing more to add and I have something special on order which may not get here until 2 weeks time!!

5 comments:

Monica said...

It looks great! Is it also going to sound great?

Metanoia said...

oh gods.... recordable sound module like you can get for greeting cards or soft toys, and record the nyan cat song on it... drive everyone batty!! that is a great idea. I wonder how big they are and if I can fit one into the wrist cuff. That is a great idea. I'm going to look into it. xD

Monica said...

I thought it already was your "special order!" I think it is the combination of the image and the song that really made nyan cat famous. I bet you would sell a lot of those kits!

Metanoia said...

The nyan cat fame is pretty big that even without the annoying sound it is still recognisable. I got the smallest sound kit I could find, but it might still be too big. I'll see what I can do though. I can record 10 seconds into its memory so I'll see how it goes. If it doesn't work I have another project I can use the sound kit for instead.

I honestly had brushed off putting sound into it as I thought any sound kit would be too big, but you made me research what I could get :D

Monica said...

Can't wait to see how it works out! A video may be in order...